Roll Out confidential_notes
:confidential_notes feature flag ...
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to:
If applicable, any groups/projects that are happy to have this feature turned on early. Some organizations may wish to test big changes they are interested in with a small subset of users ahead of time for example.
Verify confidentiality is respected
- When viewing the issue, if i'm not a member of the project, I should not be able to see confidential comments.
- When viewing the activity feed in a users profile, I should not see activity for confidential comments in projects where i am not a member.
- When being removed from a project, I can no longer see confidential comments (maybe applicable to public projects only)
- When my group/project share is removed, I can no longer see confidential comments.
- When querying the notes for a project that I am not a member of, I should not see confidential comments.
- RSS Feed (#326061 (closed))
- User, project activity feeds (#326210)
- New comment notifications from Service Desk #329366 (closed)
- ....where else?
Roll Out Steps
Enable on staging (
/chatops run feature set confidential_notes true --staging)
- Test on staging
- Ensure that documentation has been updated
Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour (
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab confidential_notes true)
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with the SRE oncall and release managers
@release-managers. Once an SRE on call and Release Manager on call confirm, you can proceed with the rollout
- Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
/chatops run feature set confidential_notes true)
Cross post chatops Slack command to
#support_gitlab-com(more guidance when this is necessary in the dev docs) and in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in
- This feature can be disabled by running the following Chatops command:
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab confidential_notes false