Allow reporters to approve MRs
What does this MR do?
Reporter access can be added to a project and also a group, but currently cannot approve MRs if they do not have push access to the branch.
With this MR, when such a group is granted access to Project Approval Rules for a Protected Branch, a Reporter will be able to approve Merge Requests against that protected branch.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team
Closes #225485 (closed)