[Feature flag] Rollout of `set_user_availability_status`
:set_user_availability_status feature flag ...
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to: @ekigbo
What are we expecting to happen?
User's should be able to set their "availability" status (busy / not set) from the user profile settings and from the set status modal.
The "busy" status will be reflected next to the user's name in various locations
What might happen if this goes wrong?
The feature does not work as expected
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
If applicable, any groups/projects that are happy to have this feature turned on early. Some organizations may wish to test big changes they are interested in with a small subset of users ahead of time for example.
Roll Out Steps
Enable on staging (
/chatops run feature set feature_name true --staging)
- Test on staging
- Ensure that documentation has been updated
Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour (
/chatops run feature set --project=gitlab-org/gitlab feature_name true)
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with the SRE oncall and release managers
- Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
/chatops run feature set feature_name true)
Cross post chatops Slack command to
#support_gitlab-com(more guidance when this is necessary in the dev docs) and in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in
- This feature can be disabled by running the following Chatops command:
/chatops run feature set set_user_availability_status false