Start a discussion from a non-discussion comment
- Merge requests main discussion area only. (Non-diff discussions.)
Out of scope
- Merge request diff discussions are out of scope.
- Commits and snippets are out of scope.
- Take an existing comment, and turn it into a discussion (by replying to a comment).
- Hitting the reply button will open up the comment input field and focus the cursor
- When you first load the page, all discussions are expanded by default.
- Linked comments will highlight just as they do today
- The reply button only appears if you permissions to reply to an existing discussion or start a discussion from a standalone comment.
- The reply button does not appear on diff discussions of merge requests, since that is out of scope for this issue.
- For existing discussions (whether one-comment discussions or multi-comment discussions):
- The reply button exists on the root comment. If you click it, the reply area comes into focused and you can type in it.
- The reply button exists on all reply comments. If you click on any one of them, the same reply area comes into focus and you can type in it.
- For standalone comments:
- The reply button exists. If you can click on it, the reply area appears and into focus and you can type in it.
- The mockup below is for merge requests, but it is the same for issues and epics, except with the "resolve" UI.