Add Engineering IC Leadership page
Why is this change being made?
This is part of the IC Gearing WG.
Here we introduce an Engineering IC Leadership page explaining Staff+ roles, it does not replace the job role definitions, but it provides a a common framework to explain those roles.
My original task was to write a Principal job definition as part of the evaluation for the WG Option 3 proposal.
But approaching it I found it easier to start with this MR that describes Engineering IC Leadership roles in general.
The page does not refer to any new role (like the Principal role proposed in !59465 (closed) ) and could be merged as a description of the status quo.
Nevertheless, it will be easier to better define Staff+ roles, as well as a new role between Staff and Distinguished, with the help of this new page.
- Provided a concise title for the MR
- Added a description to this MR explaining the reasons for the proposed change, per say-why-not-just-what
Assign this change to the correct DRI
- If the DRI for the page/s being updated isn’t immediately clear, then assign it to your manager.
- If your manager does not have merge rights, please ask someone to merge it AFTER it has been approved by your manager in #mr-buddies.
- If the changes relate to any part of the project other than updates to content and/or data files please make sure to ping
@gl-static-site-editorin a comment for a review and merge. For example changes to