Right click menu shows up when on right mouse click anywhere in the node window. Depending on the object clicked there will be some menu options available, while others disabled.
This menu is used to perform all of the advanced node/group/graph operations, in addition to the basic actions accessable with the node interface itself or the Add/Remove button.
All of the sub-menu items are opened automatically, after mouse pointer is hovering for 0.3 seconds on the parent menu. Clicking on the parent menu will open the sub-menu immediately.
Alternative way to create a node - in some cases (for example, the laptop with no mouse) it's more handy to right-click and select this menu rather than drag the Add button.
Depending on the object clicked Create menu will have a different name and will perform a corresponding action:
If clicked on an empty graph space - it will be an Add menu, and will simply add the new node to graph.
If clicked on the link line - it will be an Insert meny, and will connect the newly created node with the link input and output.
If clicked on node or outlet - it will be an Append menu that will link the created node to the clicked one.
These actions are similar to the actions performed by dragging Add button on empty space / link / node.
The create menu contains the categories of the nodes to be created. Each category corresponds to the object the node takes as input, output, or internally works with. For example, Map nodes process the Map object (called Matrix in code), while Spline object work with Spline System (SplineSys). Each new MapMagic module brings the new object type, and thus new category. For the MapMagic core version only the Map category is available.
Create menu items
Appears on opening a Create Menu.
All of the nodes are grouped by their behaviour type:
- Initial nodes:
Available if right-clicked anywhere on the node. Contains the list of actions that could be performed with the node (Generator).
- Disable/Enable: disabled generator won't generate any product, but will just read the input and assign it to the output.
- Duplicate: will create the node of the same with the same parameters below the clicked one.
- Update: will convert the outdated legacy generator to the new one if available.
- Unlink: removes all of the node links. If several nodes are selected, removes only their external connections, preserving the links between selected nodes.
- Remove: deletes selected node. Similarly to dragging the node to the Remove area.
- Reset: return all of the generator values to the default ones (the same values that were set on node creation).
All the actions related with the groups
- Create: will add a new empty group to the graph.
- Group Selected: will create a new group of the selection size, thus including the selected nodes to to the group.
- Ungroup: deletes the group, but leaves the nodes.
- Remove: deletes the group with the nodes.
- Export: saves the selected nodes in a separate graph. Not avaialable if no nodes are selected.
- Import: add the other graph nodes to the current one.
- Update All: converts all of the legacy nodes to the new ones.
Exposes or removes the value fields for the Functions.
- Expose: makes currently clicked value exposed (available for change from the parent biome)
- UnExposes: removes this value field from exposed.
Next-> MapMagic Object Settings