Customer Database for Service Desk
In order for Service Desk to be useful to an EE customer like us, we need to group Issues together under a
Customer abstraction. Having an abstraction for a
Customer would provide these features:
- Customer info:
- Description area (to cover a variety of needs such as listing points of contact, account type, or other use-case specific details)
- Status (could be covered by labels, perhaps)
- Customer Issues:
- List of Issues (Open/Closed/All)
- Add ability to Create, Read, update, Delete a Customer and its properties
- Add ability to list Service Desk generated Issues associated with a Customer
One benefit is to be able to pull up all of a customer's issues when they call in.
Another benefit is to have people supporting a customer be able to quickly get up to speed on what is troubling a customer.
Overall this enables a company to provide excellent customer service to them by ensuring their needs are met.
Links / references
TODO: Too large