This detects and fixes job artifacts that have
expire_at wrongly backfilled by the migration
These job artifacts will not be deleted and will have their
The migration would have backfilled
to midnight on the 22nd of the month of the local timezone in UTC time.
If the local timezone since the migration,
expire_at stored in the database could have changed to a different local time other than midnight.
- changing timezone from UTC+02:00 to UTC+02:30 would change the
expire_atin local time 00:00:00 to 00:30:00.
- changing timezone from UTC+00:00 to UTC-01:00 would change the
expire_atin local time 00:00:00 to 23:00:00 on the previous day (21st).
Therefore job artifacts that have
expire_at exactly on the 00, 30 or 45 minute mark
on the dates 21, 22, 23 of the month will not be deleted.
These are strongly recommended to assist reviewers and reduce the time to merge your change.
- Enable the feature flag
- Create some job artifacts.
- In rails console, overwrite some job artifacts'
expire_atto be the 22 of the month at midnight.
- Expire the job artifacts.
- Ensure all workers involved in deleting job artifacts from storage have completed.
- Verify in object storage that the job artifact files has been removed, except those that expire at midnight on 22nd of the month.
This checklist encourages us to confirm any changes have been analyzed to reduce risks in quality, performance, reliability, security, and maintainability.
I have evaluated the MR acceptance checklist for this MR.
Related to #353128 (closed)