Rolldown issue and merge request templates to projects in the group [RUN ALL RSPEC] [RUN AS-IF-FOSS]
What does this MR do?
This MR introduces the ability to configure a repository with issue and merge request templates at group level so that subgroups and projects within the group would access the templates.
Although these are described as different features in our docs, both are basically templates, and more than that both sources of the templates leave within the project repository, with only difference that each lives within its own folder(s).
This change does warrant a documentation change/update which is tracked in #293907 (closed)
At this moment this MR is considered to be dependent on having the docs in first.
Screenshots (strongly suggested)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team