Resolve "[QA] Add explicit waiting to each interaction method"
What does this MR do?
Copied from #249170
Problem to solve
To assist with testability and improve reliability of the test framework, we should have an explicit wait attached to each interaction method.
find_element() method with a built-in explicit wait to ensure the element appears before any interaction.
def find_element(element) wait_until(sleep_interval: 1, reload: false) do has_element? element end ... end
Then have any method that refers to an interaction
select - call
find_element ensuring that the element exists before attempting to perform the action.
Adding a "wait until element present" to
find_element is appropriate, too, since calling this would mean our test would expect the element to appear.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team