Add auto_link_user Omniauth configuration setting
What does this MR do?
auto_link_user setting to the OmniAuth integrations, allowing current GitLab users to be automatically linked to their corresponding OmniAuth identities, as long as the email matches.
false by default, and will apply the
auto_link_saml_user behavior to all OmniAuth integrations.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team
Closes #24327 (closed)