What does this MR do?
This is a follow up to !28057 (merged). There has been some negative feedback around this change (see thread here: #209020 (closed)) and it probably should have been behind a feature flag from the get go (learning experience
- Moves group "Administration" nav behind
- Reverts documentation updates made in !28057 (merged). To be further discussed in #213726 (closed)
- Install an EE license. See https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/developer-onboarding/#working-on-gitlab-ee.
- Enable these SAML SSO related feature flags:
config/gitlab.yml. See https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-development-kit/-/blob/master/doc/howto/saml.md#gitlab-configuration. Note: Ensure this is added to the
development:section of your config
group = Group.find_by(name: 'group name')
|Page||Before !28057 (merged) was merged||After w/ feature disabled||After w/ feature enabled|
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- [-] Changelog entry
Documentation (if required)
Code review guidelines
Merge request performance guidelines
- [-] Database guides
Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
Tested in all supported browsers
- [-] Informed Infrastructure department of a default or new setting change, if applicable per definition of done
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
- [-] Label as security and @ mention
- [-] The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- [-] Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team