Fix issues with incorrect and empty diffs in Web IDE
What does this MR do?
Fix issues with incorrect diff for added and deleted files, and disallow the ability to stage and commit an empty change.
When staged changes and unstaged changes have exactly the same, but opposite changes, staging or unstaging at that point should cancel each other's change out. This is the default behaviour of git.
This MR is split in 4 parts:
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team