Add pipeline deletion button to UI
What does this MR do?
This MR adds the capability to delete pipelines via web-ui (pipeline details page), which was previously only possible via API (introduced in gitlab-foss!22988 (merged)). It follows the same capability concept as the API, hence only allowing project owners to delete pipelines.
Closes issue #24851 (closed)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- UX: The original issue (#24851 (closed)) also mentions a batch deletion functionality. I ignored this feature in this MR as it doesn't add that much value (delete actions normally require confirmation modals, which leads to 2 clicks per pipeline deletion; This MR requires 3 clicks while adding extra safety).
- frontend: There were a couple ways to handle the server communication (using the API, using a JSON post endpoint, using a redirect endpoint). To keep the changes to a minimal and stay in sync with other deletion endpoints (e.g. job trace erase), I've decided to go with the third option.
- Changelog entry
- Documentation (if required)
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- [-] Database guides
- [-] Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
- [-] Label as security and @ mention
- [-] The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- [-] Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team