[Feature flag] Enable local tiller for GitLab-managed apps
:managed_apps_local_tiller feature flag
This obviates the need to install Helm Tiller, which means the user can go straight to installing other apps.
This was first implemented in !20894 (merged) and then progressed over several milestones, including:
- Team: Configure:Orchestration
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to: @tkuah
What are we expecting to happen?
- Local tiller works on fresh cluster
- Local tiller works on cluster which previously had GitLab-managed app, and Tiller pod installed
What might happen if this goes wrong?
Existing clusters that relied on the Tiller pod somehow fails with local tiller
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
If applicable, any groups/projects that are happy to have this feature turned on early. Some organizations may wish to test big changes they are interested in with a small subset of users ahead of time for example.
Roll Out Steps
- Enable on staging
- Test on staging
- Ensure that documentation has been updated
- Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour
Coordinate a time to enable the flag with
- Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
Cross post chatops slack command to
#support_gitlab-comand in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in