Show tags related to deployed commit on Environments views
Problem to solve
For users, it is difficult to understand what is currently deployed for an environment across releases and pipeline views.
- Use Case 1: All users of GitHub may want to see the details that they would normally see on a commit
Expose any tags for the commit that is currently deployed to each environment right from the environments list and deployment history pages
Permissions and Security
- Exposing the tags here as view-only, not editable or managed in the environments view
- Tags in the UI should match tags per commit
- Tags in different environments with for example the tag "deployed", both of these tagged commits should be present in the "environment list(s)", as well as the "deployment history pages"
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Easier to use Environments View
What is the type of buyer?
- Community Edition
Links / references
- As we build out the Release View Page, we should consider how to display the many items that would show on this view to many releases that those would also be a part of