Explore how :focus-visible might be used
In gitlab#297353 (closed) there was a discussion the presence of a visible focus ring for both keyboard and mouse inputs.
This issue considers:
- What is the intended purpose of
:focus-visibleand current level of support?
- How does
- What are user expectations as they switch input type?
- What are the use cases when
:focus-visiblemay or may not be helpful? For example, tabbing through a form after selecting the first input with a mouse vs. clicking a toggle button or link in pagination.
- In other words, what’s the argument for some elements having visible focus and others not with mouse input?
- Does inconsistency in the presence of a focus ring for mouse users pose a UX problem?
- How does a polyfill or What Input handle this instead of
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information