I joined GitLab in May of 2019 to focus on the visual design of the product. I care about the relationship between product functionality and the consistency of the UI. I focus on creating seamless, performant, and accessible experiences for users as they engage in everything GitLab has to offer. I believe that a great UI is invisible — transparency is one of our values after all.
- I currently live in central Minnesota, USA, with my wife and our three youngsters.
- My normal working hours are around 7am – 4pm in the CT Timezone.
- I’ve been designing professionally for 20+ years and work on everything from UI design to logos and packaging. I also do some development.
- I care a great deal about accessibility and tailor my work as such.
- Mountain biking, camping, and boating are some of the things I enjoy most when not working.
How I think about work:
- Distill concepts into responsible and honest work.
- Digital goods can be durable goods too.
- Constraints create flow and movement.
- Think in systems, design in moments.
- Follow your users, not trends.
- Clarity over embellishement.
- Iteration is perfection.
- Learn with grace.
As part of the Foundations team I specifically focus on: