Adding GitLab Pages to CE
Adds GitLab Pages to CE as promised in https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/14605 via We’re bringing GitLab Pages to the Community Edition
- Add a changelog file
- Fix rubocop errors
Migration must either have DOWNTIME=true for ApplicationSettings, or use
add_column_with_default, as adding a column with a default value requires downtime
- Check it works! Play around with on dev, using gitlab-runner with gdk with the pages daemon
- Ensure this doesn't accidentally close CE issues where an EE issue was mentioned in the commit
- Test on a server, including nginx config examples work, etc.
- Check through changed files and ensure that things like CHANGELOG entries are excluded
- Ensure that migrations work, and doesn't mess with migrations on EE.
- Check for security fixes and bug fixes which might only mention pages in comments, on dev.gitlab.org, etc and ensure they are picked.
- Consider squashing some commits. Check if fewer commits would be preferred. Docs changes could be filtered out and done in a single commit, commits from each MR could be combined to remove WIP commits and version updates.
- Check documentation was updated to reflect inclusion in CE from 8.17. E.g. in doc/user/project/pages/index.md
Ensure that the CE->EE merge doesn't include changes from these commits
- EE merge request: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/merge_requests/1156
- Move pages related issues and open MRs from EE project to CE project. Create %pages% label.