Features/show project id on home panel
What does this MR do?
The Project ID is now shown on a project's home panel.
Since the discussion regarding this was inconclusive and I am aware that there is also a lot going on with the redesign of this page, I thought I might suggest the first practical (and maybe short-term) implementation for it.
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
Why was this MR needed?
Currently it's possible to get the Project ID from the Settings page (introduced by https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/18350 / https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/merge_requests/8572) or via API
The user that needs the Project ID may not have access to the settings though, which is e.g. the case for developers needing to configure the project in external systems or services, who are not the owner of the project.
The development of this MR is sponsored by @ siemens (/cc @bufferoverflow).
Screenshots (if relevant)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Conform by the code review guidelines
- Has been reviewed by a UX Designer
- Has been reviewed by a Frontend maintainer
- Has been reviewed by a Backend maintainer
- Has been reviewed by a Database specialist
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- If you have multiple commits, please combine them into a few logically organized commits by squashing them
- Internationalization required/considered
End-to-end tests pass (
package-and-qamanual pipeline job)