Migrate Community Relations Zendesk to main GitLab Zendesk instance
Issue to plan and track work to migrate Community Relations (CR) Zendesk (ZD) instance to the main GitLab Zendesk instance (currently managed by Support).
- @dplanella - Director of Community Relations
- @ecook1 - Community Relations point of contact for Support while David is on vacation
- @lisvinueza - Support Operations
- @tatkins - Support point of contact as needed
- replicate the configuration CR have in their Zendesk instance into the Support instance (triggers, automations, views etc). This will be done in a separate 'Brand' in ZD to keep workflows and tickets separated from Support team
- migrate tickets from current instance to new instance (Tom A to investigate more fully on 2019-04-12 and report here with alternatives if not possible)
- switch over email addresses, Zapier workflows etc by 2019-05-06 (for testing during that week - cut-off date for old instance is 2019-05-10)
- Emily to grant admin access to Tom and Lis to CR ZD instance
- Tom A to confirm if tickets can be migrated within timeline
- Everyone: Discuss any concerns and implementation details with all affected people in comments here
- Lis to create a task list on this description to plan steps in detail
Step by step Plan
Set up naming convention for tags so that there is no tag conflict/clash between brands.
Set up a new brand in Zendesk and create Community Relations group
- Keep in mind: Subdomain gitlab-community.zendesk.com is already in use so we cannot use that one to set up the new brand until CR current instance is deactivated.
- Migrate Brand colour, preferred Account Name, and Host mapping for Community team
Ticket Fields and Form creation (if needed)
Analyse if a new role needs to be created for CR agents to give them more specific access.
Set up CR views and make sure only CR Group has access to them.
Create macros, triggers and automations and make sure to add conditions such as: Brand: Community Relations and Group: Community relations
Set up all support Channels for CR team, including Social Channels (as long as it is allowed to have a channel linked to 2 Zendesk instances)
Export/record reports so that they can be replicated in the Support Instance
Please feel free to edit this issue description during the planning stages