(Research) User Migration - User's added and enabled/disabled subscriptions
- User's added and enabled/disabled subscriptions remain in place after the extension updates from Mv2 to Mv3
- Handle error when user subscription is not available
- Handle error if limit of static rules is exceeded? (not sure if this happens at runtime or when extension is installed)
- Webext SDK tries to detect the migration is needed and migrate the subscriptions to MV3 ones automatically. It happens after the webext updated. No calls from webext is needed.
- Once the MV2 MV3 migration happen webext should call
EWE.subscriptions.getMigrationErrors(). It will return a list or
(url, error)items where
urlis a subscriptions error and
erroris an error message. Once can also call
EWE.subscriptions.clearMigrationError()to clear the errors and avoid showing it next time.
- It's suggested to test the bundled subscriptions to fit into Chromium limits (static rules limit, etc). In some cases like that Chromium might throw "Internal error" errors.