"Combine to one commit" broken
What steps will reproduce the problem?
I have one commit which has 420 files changed for multiple branches. I do regularya cherry pick on it with a smaller commit contains a range from 1 to 3 files.
- commit (NOTE: 1 file changed here)
- select two commits in row ("All Branches" checkhox doesn't matter happens for both checked and unchecked)
- right click on commit and "Combine to one commit"
- the opening window show the 42x files of both commits and slim message to contains only message of first big commit
- press "Commit"
- Now in the opening processing window of what git has done is just the file count of the small commit visible (1 to 3) (this is randomly happen only)
- after confirm this window, the log window refresh and I see two commits with same commit message
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
both commits are combined and processing window shows a bigger file count
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
I tried 2.24.0 to 2.37.1 "git for windows" as git. I use TortoiseGit 126.96.36.199.
Please provide any additional information below.