Ampersand in branch name not shown in Windows context menu
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Create a repo, clone one or use an existing repo
- Create a branch with an ampersand in its name (for example
- Switch (checkout) to the created branch
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the repo and right-click to open up the context menu
- Note the (TortoiseGit » ) Git Commit context menu entry
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
The ampersand within the branch name is missing from the context menu entry. In our example, I expect the Git commit context menu entry to be
Git Commit -> "hello&world"..., but it actually is
Git Commit -> "helloworld"....
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
TortoiseGit: TortoiseGit 22.214.171.124
Git: git version 2.31.1.windows.1
Windows: Windows 10 Enterprise, 20H2, build 19042.1466
Please provide any additional information below.