Explorer crash when deleting two independent folders
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Install TortoiseGit
- Delete folder A (full delete)
- Delete folder B (full delete) while folder A is still deleting (UI is active)
- Explorer will crash and auto-restart
- Event viewer -> Application -> Error -> "Application Error"
Does not occur if moving to the recycling bin
Does not occur if both folders are full deleted together (single progress bar in delete UI)
Does occur if folder(s) contain .git or not
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Explorer does not crash when deleting folders
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
- TortoiseGit 188.8.131.52 (C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit\bin)
- git version 2.9.0.windows.1 (C:\Program Files\Git\bin; C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64; C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\etc\gitconfig; C:\ProgramData\Git\config)
- Windows 10 Pro 1703 (build 15063.540)
Please provide any additional information below.
Application error output:
Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0x951324bb Faulting module name: TortoiseGit.dll, version: 184.108.40.206, time stamp: 0x59749ebe Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x00000000000489a4 Faulting process id: 0x26c0 Faulting application start time: 0x01d31ce71fcb6dce Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\TortoiseGit\bin\TortoiseGit.dll Report Id: 5525b7cd-3752-474c-9ddd-eb9bfc87ad3f Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: