Paths may change to lowercase in explorer
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- checkout a branch of a repository with some committed files in a path with mixed case
- alter 1 file so File Explorer shows a red exclamation mark instead of a green check
- close and open File Explorer (don't know if this is necessary), path should show correct case: repo_name/DirOne/DirTwo/DirThree/DirFour/File
- right click on the red exclamation marked file, select Tortoise Git, select diff
- click a window of another app and the first 2 directory levels below the name of the repository change to lower case: repo_name/dirone/dirtwo/DirThree/DirFour/File
- further use of the git menu options does not work unless Explorer is closed and opened again
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Step 5 should not have resulted in a change of case in the path.
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
Tortoise 18.104.22.168 Git 1.9.5.msysgit.1 Windows 7. SP-1. 64-bit.
Please provide any additional information below.
Related to Issue #2559 (closed).