Paths may change to lowercase in explorer
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Open the Windows Explorer and step into a target folder in git repository, for example, "C:\GitRepo\Abc\Xyz";
- Copy a file from somewhere and paste it in the target folder;
- Right click the pasted file and select add to tortoiseGit;
- In the pop-up dialog, the path in the "Not Versioned Files" check list will become lower case, for example, "abc/xyz/TestFile.txt";
- When I commit, the committed path will be also in lower case.
- However, if I leave the target folder before adding the pasted file (step 3), the result will be correct.
What version of TortoiseGit and msysgit are you using?
- TortoiseGit: 126.96.36.199
- msysgit: 1.9.5.msysgit.1
What operating system?
- Windows 7 64-bit with SP1
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information