Resolve not dealing correctly with (modify/delete) conflicts
By quas... on March 27, 2014 13:05 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Create a file "test.txt", track it ("git add test.txt") and commit to branch A.
- delete "test.txt" and commit to branch B.
- switch back to A, modify "test.txt" and commit again.
- Still on branch A, try to merge B.
- Try to resolve the conflict "using theirs" (from B, the deleted file)
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
The file should be deleted from the working tree.
Instead, the modified version from branch A remains.
What version of TortoiseGit and msysgit are you using? On
what operating system?
OS: Windows 7 professional SP1 64bit
Please provide any additional information below.