Cannot configure (and autoload) putty key for submodules with new mSysGit.
By ture... on January 05, 2012 09:18 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Clone a repository with submodules
- Go to configure submodule settings -> remote -> origin -> select a valid putty key
- Click Apply
- "Fail to save config" message appears
2. Switch a submodule to a branch, which has some issues as well (Issue #1025 (closed))
3. Select Git Sync -> Fetch & Rebase for a submodule. Leave autoload putty key checked.
4. Connection error appears: Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Putty key should be saved or alternatively automatically grabbed from master repo configuration.
Also, when submodules are nested, putty key should be autoloaded as well.
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
git version 1.7.8.msysgit.1
Please provide any additional information below.
It seems that in current version of mSysGit git databases of submodules are stored in a master repository (MasterRepo/.git/modules).
In submodules .git folder is replaced with .git file and this change possibly breaks TortoiseGit (reference: http://groups.google.com/group/msysgit/browse_thread/thread/aa4b4c15e303264f/cbe9a054a86f5ea6?lnk=gst&q=.git+file#cbe9a054a86f5ea6 )
Which version of mSysGit is fully functional and recommended until the issue will be resolved ?