Python-mode inserts error messages in edited buffer
After entering the following text in an python buffer:
import wuz lnr(wuz)
and then stopping editing, the buffer is automatically (without any additional user activity) changed to the following:
lnr(wuz)Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> ImportError: No module named wuz`
The conditions are as follows:
- There is no module named
wuz.pyanywhere in PYTHONPATH.
- Emacs version is GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30) of 2018-06-26
- OS is Fedora 28, kernel 4.17.5-200.fc28.x86_64
- Emacs was run as `emacs -Q'
- The following elisp code was evaluated:
(setq emacs-git "/home/dov/git/dov-env/emacs/") (add-to-list 'load-path emacs-git) (add-to-list 'load-path (concat emacs-git "company")) (require 'company) (require 'python-mode) (add-hook 'python-mode-hook '(lambda() (setq py-fast-process-p nil) (company-mode)))
- Company mode is 0.9.4 . (Please let me know if you need specific commit version).
- The contents of dov-env is available from http://github.com/dov/dov-env .