This adds basic support for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and finishes some work that is stuck as WIP for too long already.
2 kernels variants are supported: downstream and mainline.
For downstream kernel:
- flashing with fastboot, including
- kernel boots
- ssh over USB
- framebuffer (pmOS splash screens, wayland-based UIs)
- weston works, and Xwayland is running
- battery is charging
Does not work:
Mainline kernel it only at embryo stage. The main problem is that there is no sdm660 SoC in mainline kernel currently, only some individual drivers that were contributed by @opendata26. This continues opendata's work and serves as proof of concept that this is possible.
- kernel boots
- dmesg logs in pstore fs (you can read them from TWRP recovery)
- dmesg logs over UART interface
- all 8 CPUs are up!
- simple-framebuffer can show logs of booting kernel on the screen because it uses hw initialized by bootloader
- booting process successfully reaches postmarketOS's initramfs and it (obviously) can't find partitions because no block devices are present at all
- everything else: no voltage regulators (PMIC) support => no USB, no sdhci, no gpu, ... no nothing
P.S. the following features were originally implemented to support this device:
- make USB configfs attrs customizable !706 (merged)
- pmbootstrap: add "flasher flash_vbmeta" command pmbootstrap!1885 (merged)
P.P.S. funny note: nixOS-mobile lavender MR that uses patches from my branch was merged almost 4 months ago... so I took one patch from samuel too :)