GitLab hints for reviewers
It is possible to supply suggested changes for a MR that submitters can simply click to accept, saving time for both developers and reviewers. Often this is better than just typing the suggestion into comment box and hoping the submitter will understand it and transcribe it correctly into the MR. The material below on how to provide such suggestions was provided by Vaclav Hapla (@haplav).
Add a comment to some line within the region you want to change (usually the last line)
You can alter the line
The suggestion is relative to the commented line. You can do a multi-line change by altering
-0+0to something else.
-are lines before,
+are lines after the current (commented) line
Notes on setting up test machines for PETSc gitlab-CI
This is for developers who are donating time on their systems for PETSc testing.
ccacheinstalled and in the path.
- Have both Python 2 and 3 installed, both with cpython.
- Have X11 including the libraries installed.
- Have an OpenGL set of libraries installed.
- Insure your machine has sufficient swap space. If that is low you may see tests killed with signal 9 by the OS.
- If you are using a licensed compiler, make sure the license server is fast enough to serve the source code and example compiles.
- It is generally preferable to compile and link code on local disk as opposed to using a NFS mount.