Update S3 storage lifecycle rules for current versions
As a SysAdmin I want the S3 storage lifecycle rules to take effect on the current version, as well as the existing non-current version, so that my backup costs are reduced.
- current version and non-current versions are the object and the old versions of an object (if any) in a version-controlled bucket.
- existing config is for non-current versions
- versioning protects against accidental deletions / overwriting
- lifecycle rules were meant to save on storage space (i.e. move to cheaper glacier, then perm delete after X time), however today there is only a rule on the non-current versions.
- strategy for current versions should be aimed at moving things into cold storage, and then deleting from there after a time.
- strategy for non-current versions should focus on the same?
Definition of Ready
- User Story can be broken down no further
- Acceptance Criteria and Story Points are agreed upon by development team and PO
Definition of Done
- If required, UI Mockups are created and reviewed
- Code is written with automated unit tests, reviewed, merged to master branch, all tests pass
- All UI texts are multilingual
- Manual tests in test environment are successfully performed
- Test Plan is updated
- Documentation is updated