Tags give the ability to mark specific points in history as being important
First release of the open source Lugaru project! It contains most commits made from various contributors since the open sourcing in 2010, and is therefore more advanced than the preceding Lugaru HD release by Wolfire.
- Multiple campaigns support, making it easier to install and play mods!
- These Lugaru mods are included by default as alternative to the Turner
- Temple, by Silb
- Empire, by Jendraz
- The Seven Tasks, by Philtron R. (albeit with some engine-related issues)
- All assets (animations, textures, models, maps, sounds, etc.) of Lugaru HD by Wolfire are under a free and open source license (CC-BY-SA 3.0)!
- Window and input management ported from SDL 1.2 to SDL 2.0, improving the support for modern screen resolutions and fullscreen mode, as well as better input handling.
- Migrated the project from Bitbucket to GitLab.com, the latter being more interesting feature-wise and based on an open source core
- Migrated the project from mercurial to git as the latter is better known, and necessary as part of the GitLab migration
- Set up continuous integration (CI) and binaries deployment with gitlab-ci: Linux GCC, Linux Clang, Windows MinGW32, Windows MinGW64
- Removed obsolete bundled dependencies, both binaries and source code
- Added support for installing and playing multiple campaigns
- The current campaign can be changed in the level selection menu
- Migrated from SDL 1.2 to SDL 2 (#2), with in particular:
- improved screen resolution detection and handling, especially in fullscreen
- switched input method from keycodes to scancodes
- Dehardcoded game data loading, making proper system-wide installs possible
on Linux (#21)
- This change broke some of the compatibility with existing mods, as the character clothes paths were hardcoded in the map files. It might also have impacted the modding tools to some extent, potential regressions will be fixed in future releases.
- Renamed debug mode to devtools and improved the corresponding documentation
Devtools are toggled with
--devtoolsswitch or adding a
Devtools: 1entry to the config.txt (#32)
- Added automatic progress saving upon level completion, and not only when closing the game.
- Use standard directories to store game config and user data (#22):
- Linux: XDG_CONFIG_HOME (default
~/.config/lugaru) and XDG_DATA_HOME (default
- Linux: XDG_CONFIG_HOME (default
- Add Linux installation instructions, together with desktop file, metainfo, icon and man page (#15, #27, #28)
- Improved command line options parsing and added
- Added Fullscreen parameter in the options GUI, and Alt+Return as hotkey to toggle fullscreen mode
- Increased default resolution from 640x480 to 1024x768 and bumped default visual details to the maximum level (#15)
- Added "stereo" anaglyph 3D display mode to play with 3D glasses
- Lots of code refactoring and modernisation, fixed warnings
- Lots of bug fixes
- Fixed compilation against modern compilers (GCC 5/6 - including MinGW - and Clang 3.8/3.9 so far)
- All Wolfire assets are now licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0 by David Rosen, making Lugaru fully free (relicensed in commit 51203b53)
- Added the Temple campaign by Silb to the main repo (licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0, http://forums.wolfire.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1066)
- Added the Empire campaign by Jendraz to the main repo (licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0, http://forums.wolfire.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3797)
- Added the Seven Tasks campaign by Philtron R. to the main repo (licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0, http://forums.wolfire.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4633)
- Fixed erroneous hardcoded paths to textures in some maps