- Aeronautical Information Publications are official documents published by national aviation authorities. They are the main sources for OFM.
- OFMX XML elements may have attributes such as <Ahp source="EB|AD|1.3|2018-01-04|3857">. They appear in this documentation as
@sourceor fully qualified as
- OFMX XML elements are tags such as <Ahp>. They appear in this documentation as (element of a core feature) or
Rwy(other elements). The nesting of elements is expressed as
Rwy->valLenand elements of a specific type as
- IATA code
- A three upcase letter code identifying an airport (e.g. "CDG").
- ICAO code
- A four upcase letter code identifying an aeronautical location such as of an airfield (e.g. "LFPG"). The first two letters are an ICAO nationality code.
- ICAO nationality code
- A two upcase letter code identifying a nation (e.g. "LF"). Some countries have more than one code.
*Uidelement which identifies a feature; see Features.
- OFM Editor
- Editor used by contributors to work on the OFM dataset, a .NET application also known as ION originative suite.
- Area of responsibility a feature belongs to; see