Nov 29th Patch Notes
- Corrected the locations of several scenery objects to be authentic
- Fixed a bug with Watch Tower quest relating to the crystals on a pedestal
- Repairing damaged components of Dwarf Multi-cannon now gives correct crafting XP
- Simplified the alreadyHasCape check while within the mage arena while using utility functions
- Corrected the game state updater associated with tutorial island doors
- Fixed up Donny the Lad NPC sprite rendering as it had been incorrectly female on the client side
- Updated the boundary handler to fix all doors
- Corrected the XP given when making steel nails
Nov 26th Patch Notes
- Corrected initial mountain dwarf dialogue when trying to go downstairs
- Fixed sound effects used during pvp combat
- Added / improved authentic password recovery in client
Nov 19th Patch Notes
- Pestilence mask inventory sprite has been set to the correct one
- Updated the ifnearvisnpc function to check for the nearest "reachable" NPC. If it can't find one, it will just return the nearest NPC
- The smite command will now always kill an NPC if it is visible
- Made Crafting guild jug logic corrections
- Corrected an issue with killing Sir Mordred in Merlins Crystal quest
- Ensured the isblocking function for path validation only checks for alive and visible mobs
- Fixed an unhandled scenario of rolling a drop table without wielding the ring of wealth and rolling item type NOTHING which caused the next item in the table to have an increased weight equal to the weight of the NOTHING roll. This only affected the dragon 2-hander with the KBD
- New items have been added that include dragon plate body/top, dragon plate legs/skirt, dragon large, dragon longbow, dragon crossbow, regular and poison dragon arrows, regular and poison dragon bolts, regular and poison dragon dagger, future quest associated Zamarak/Saradomin/Guthix wings, med/large Valkyrie helmets, and CTF flags
- Dragon crossbow distance radius has been set to match existing crossbow distance of 4 tiles vs longbow range of 5 tiles
- Dragon crossbow and dragon longbow may only be used to fire larger sized dragon arrows and dragon crossbow bolts
- God capes on custom sprite enabled servers (RSC Cabbage) have had a graphical update to look better
- New items are not yet obtainable in-game by players but will be slowly released between future boss drops, quests, and other opportunities
- Added RSC 127 protocol compatibility for registering new players as well as a complete list of authentic registration response codes
- Updated beastmode command to spawn a dragon large helmet, dragon plate mail body/top, and dragon plate mail legs/skirt
- Added dragon fire breath protection for dragon kite shield at 60% chance, dragon plate mail body/top at 15% (dragon chain mail is 10%)
- Increased custom configuration server (RSC Cabbage) maximum bank size to 1,500 slots to support all existing custom items
- Converted server-side armourBonus to long so maxed armour bonuses exceeding 255 will not reset at 0 on the server-side (client-side is not fixed yet)
- Updated the avatar generator to support the newly added custom items
- Added bluescale and grayscale sprite coloring support for regular and poison bolts as well as crossbows
- Refactored account security opcodes and the conflict handler for opcodes that are shared in-game
- Documentation improvements
- Added Windows single player support and simplified dev environment within Windows with inclusion of portable MariaDB, JDK, Ant, and HeidiSQL
- Added Android APK Gradle compilation support for Ubuntu Linux during deployment shell script execution for compiling and deploying code updates
- Server logging rollover has been expanded to support up to 10 stored server logs at 10MB each before rolling over
- Tweaked accuracy bonus for lower level range items. Should be more forgiving.
- Fixed an issue where XP drops weren't always showing on RSC Cabbage
- Fixed poison to support wilderness poison PKing
- Tweaked agility to be more strict after a certain point
- Fixed "Bury All" batching to not include noted bones in the total count of bones to bury
- Corrected the dragon slayer quest complete text
- Fixed Melzar's Maze escape doors
- Fixed the Charge spell. It was implemented backwards.
- Fixed poisoning to be more authentic
- Added a "Nothing interesting happens" message when you try to use a noted item on a scenery object
- Corrected the Thessalia NPC to work with scythes and bunny ears authentically
- Changed herbs from muddy to undefined
- Fixed an issue where Chaos Druids weren't dropping two herbs
- Removed raw rat meat from the Witch's Potion rats' drop table
- Players should no longer be blocked from speaking to one of the NPCs if they are standing outside of the store
- Corrected admin command for spawning multiple items to players
- Changed the ::tp command so that you no longer appear right on top of the player you are teleporting to
- The "Dropping X/Y" message will no longer show on servers without batching or when dropping a stack
- Updated the Halloween cracker to include the pestilence and fox masks
- Added an admin command to perform Halloween world drops supporting scythes and Halloween crackers as well as updated command documentation
- Added the ability to completely opt out of Global friend feature
RSC 235 Compatibility
- Added a method detect bad incoming data and re-sync ISAAC
- Added a "stayin" command for mods that will keep mods from being auto logged out while on an authentic client
- Trying to talk on tutorial island will no longer crash authentic clients
- Fixed handling of doors and webs
- Fixed the length of opcode 111c
- Added a QoL opt-out feature so that players can chose to disable quality of life features and play more authentically
- Fixes the logout timer so that you can no longer be stuck in combat indefinitely. Players should always be logged about by the 5 (or 10 if on Cabbage) minute movement timer no matter what.
- Updated the Entrana item list to be more accurate to original RSC
- Tightened up some NPC and item spawns
- Fixed Witch's House
- Fixed up timing and packet order on thieving
- Fixed up timing on mining
- Retreat sound effect now plays when you run away from an NPC
- Fixes an issue where dying to "nothing" would cause you to enter a zombie state
- Players can now cook Ugthanki meat
- Began utilizing the sendExperience opcode instead of only the sendStat one.
- Added a button for Items Kept on Death (can be found in the equipment screen) and removed the text button from the settings menu
- Restored the "Dropping x/y" message that was removed forever ago. This will show when you click "Drop All" or "Drop X."
- Added "Arrow Shafts" tab to the fletching skill guide and added how many shafts you get when fletching a type of log. Also added the name of each skill cape to the guide (instead of just "Cape") and fixed a typo in the Thieving guide.
- Brimhaven cart can only be ridden if you complete Shilo Village
- Removed the trade option from Shantay Pass guards
- Fixed an inauthentic timing on flax spinning
- Players can now teleport while ranging
- Fixed a bug where you could only uncert from your inventory in the bank UI once per client lifetime
- Fixed an issue where the Withdraw options would always show on the authentic bank menu, even if there was nothing in the bank to withdraw.
- Fixed some peculiar mage arena behavior
- Fixed an issue where you could use noted tools while harvesting or fishing
- Fixed an issue where your client would crash if you tried to add a friend with a name that begins with the "-" or "_" characters
- Runecraft skillguide now shows correct level requirements for cursed and enfeebled talismans
- Removed a duplicate item spawn in a house in Brimhaven
- The bank limit has been increased to 240 items on Cabbage.
- The apothecary will now empty potion vials or fill empty vials with water. Either service costs 50 gp per vial, and works on noted potions/vials.
- You can now provide an argument to the ::kills command to show how many kills you have on a specific NPC (e.g. ::kills King Black Dragon). The formatting of the original menu has also been changed to look nicer.
- Pretty much every edible/drinkable item that heals you has been added to the Hits skillguide.
- Various bug fixes to improve compatibility
- Adds ability to Quick Bank with ::b command or by using item on banker (These options are also available to users of the Open RSC client)
- Force players to log out when a ping timeout occurs, after 30 seconds (players should no longer get stuck online when this occurs).
- Ring of Wealth has been adjusted. It now will provide an extra roll when you initially roll "nothing". It no longer removes all empty drops.
- Agility failure rates on the Barbarian and Wilderness courses have been adjusted to fail less frequently based on data from replays.
- Allow magic to be cast while in combat with enemies that are normally not attackable (ex: Shapeshifter).
- Gold drops now use the proper code, and will drop accurately.
- Add Rare Drop Table to Shadow Warrior NPCs.
- Shops now allow purchasing of non-stacked items up to the full inventory.
- New characters are now created with 1000 hp.
- The Fishing Guild shop is now a specialty shop, as it was authentically.
- Add pipe and forward slash to permitted chat characters.
- Force minimum client size to authentic constraints.
- Fix message on gnome gliders when attempting to "fly" them.
- Skeleton NPCs around the wilderness agility course have been replicated with the correct count.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs that shouldn't chase you were chasing.
- Rate limiting on packets has been adjusted to 50 packets per second.
- Added a configurable option to allow/disallow players to create characters with "mod" in the name. This is toggled to disallow by default.
- Added a command for Super Mods and Admins to change the name of characters. The target character must be logged out. Note that changing a character's name may affect things on the website and other players' friendslists.
- Spells can now hit a 0.
- Players can now use magic against all the shapeshifter forms while in combat with it during Witch's House.
- Shadow Warriors now drop more than just their bones.
- Rare and Ultra Rare Drop Table rates have been slightly tweaked.
- Blue wizards now drop the correct wizard hat
- Player moderators are now visible to normal players in the online list.
- Reorganized the plugin folder hierarchy.
- Rewrote the command infrastructure.
- Fixed a plugin crash caused by clicking away from Mum
- Fixed a crash with NPC retreats when the opponent has been removed
- Fixed a crash when clicking the Forgot Password button
- Fixed an issue where hobgoblins weren't dropping limpwurt roots
- Fixed a bug where the guard wouldn't catch people who were stealing cakes
- Replaced missing custom scenery/objects that were lost in the migration to JSON
- Quest NPCs that have death conditions (Count Draynor, Delrith, ect.) are now able to be killed properly
- Added a check for a null script context, fixes some plugins crashing.
- Fixed Gnome waiter menu options (trade/pickpocket)
- Removed King Lathas trade option
- Fixed a bug where the auction house couldn't be refreshed by some
- Fixed an issue where players couldn't swap weapons while in combat.
- Fixed an issue where you had to wait a long time in between attempting to cut the webs in the Wilderness
- Fixed an issue where stat draining NPCs would cause an infinite loop (specifically Kolodion and Salarin)
- Fishing spots now have a lower chance to turn into a pebble
- Teddy parts must be brought to the child before you can stitch them
- Can no longer get stuck behind lockpick doors if fatigued.
- Ensure all players show in the count when doing ::online regardless of privacy setting
- Removed some naughty words from the sleep words list
- Synchronized game objects to ensure they cannot be accessed by multiple threads at once
- Batching now checks your position to make sure you haven't moved during the batch (special checks for Firemaking also)
- Plugins are now interrupted on trade initiation.
- Changed the location where the "helped_femi" cache key is removed
- Removed jsoup as it was causing anti-virus programs to flag the launcher.
- Removed an unneeded attribute from Demon Slayer
- Re-enable the auction house. Happy trading!
- A relative of yours is looking for you in Lumbridge! (Custom content miniquest has been released)
- Players can now load multiple clients without the ports becoming broken for the previously loaded client.
- Logging out with ::mod or ::dev active will now disable the commands.
- Fix a problem with Balrog drops.
- Players can no longer trade while in combat.
- Fix a client crash when buying or selling X to the store.
- Ensure players do not sell or buy 0.
- Correct the behaviour of the bank vault gate.
- Respawning NPCs now always face north.
- The game will now message you if you attempt to pick up an item while in combat.
- Preset loading now occurs more rapidly.
- The auction house now requires a minimum of 100 skill total to use.
- The auction house now has rate limits to avoid complications with exchanging items.
- Users may not log out for 5 seconds after performing an auction interaction.
- Limit packet spam to a subset of all packets.
- Add additional safety checks to various packet handlers.
- Adjust some of the NPC definitions to have more consistent organization.
- Abstract object definitions to JSON format.
- Authentic cooking now has 1 less tick to cook items.
- When talking to NPCs, they will now only face you if they want to talk to you.
- Staff commands now work from the online list.
- Fix a bug where an exception occurred on the server when discord auction updates were disabled.
- Fix issues with shop quantities when buying and selling items.
- Ensure staff see proper locations when using ::onlinelist.
- Ensure the player is teleported properly when caught by guards during the Tourist Trap quest.
- Trufitus no longer says "Well, just let me see the item and I'll help as much as I can." twice.
- Find ceril properly after being teleported upstairs during the Hazeel Cult quest.
- Ensure when we try to find an npc, if they are busy, we don't crash.
- As per authentic play, when fatigued a pickaxe now shows above the players head.
- Add two pieces of food to the "never burn" list.
- Ensure that after Scorpion Catcher the Seer does not say "Many greetings" to the player.
- Attempt to fix a thread deadlock in combat.
- Core delay function now uses tick timing instead of milliseconds to calculate thread pause.
- Core mes function no longer calls delay.
- Ensure game events are run prior to updating packets to send to the client.
- Ground item locations and npc locations are now stored in JSON on the server, instead of within the database.
- Use UUID object for the player's unique ID instead of a string.
- Ensure when auction house is disabled it is impossible to send auction house commands to the server.
- We are working on a fix for a bug found when using 3rd party tools to interact at inhuman speeds with the auction house.
Update 2020-10-19 by Marwolf: I had to re-create this tag as it originally did not follow the standard naming convention and that is why it is out of order.
- Runecraft has been updated to allow casting curse and enfeeble on existing talismans! When casting curse on a talisman, you will gain 2x experience from crafting runes and the talisman will crumble. When casting enfeeble on a talisman, you will gain 5x experience from crafting runes, and the talisman will explode dealing damage to you and causing your current runecraft stat to deplete.
- Fish may now be ground using a pestle and mortar to create a stackable item, Fish Oil! This oil can be used to create Runecraft potions (useful for restoring your lost runecraft from enfeebled talismans), and can also be eaten. Two Runecraft potions are available, by using marrentil or by using avantoe as a base. When fish oil is eaten, it will provide a 50% chance of healing 1 hits. Different fish will provide different quantities of fish oil. Only certain fish may be ground, so be sure to experiment and see which reward fish oil.
- Goblin Guards now drop big bones instead of normal bones.
- Shantay's chest object no longer shows the shantay message on variants outside of Al Kharid.
- The ::onlinelist command now properly shows other players for staff.
- Auditing of many more quest-specific mob locations, timers, and behaviour.
- Regular wool may now be used to entertain cats.
- Tasty kebab now has a thinkbubble associated with eating it.
- Mobs are now killed only once when attacked with specific circumstances.
- Fix some dialog bugs introduced with the recent major audits.
- Shops now handle buying and selling more efficiently, and provide the correct coin for items.
- Shops now stock a maximum of 65535 of one item stack.
- Plugins now only load once per class, ensuring bugs like double-shop are squashed.
- Fix a bug that made the JSON library complain on computers running JDK 8.
- Fishing spots now deplete more frequently, but also respawn at a quicker rate.
- Repeat times are now adjusted to a more reasonable count.
- The ::onlinelist command now shows readable locations for staff.
- Rune essence is now renamed to Rune stone through the code.
- Unidentified herbs now have unique sprites.
- Soft clay making is now batched.
- Lockpicking doors will now batch until successful.
- Skill guides now display additional details for harvested food and Runecraft talismans.
- Chaos Druid now drops vial of water at an authentic 10/128 rate
- Added several missing dialogs of NPCs based on RSC+ replay data
- Tourist trap quest mercenary NPCs may now be directly attacked after quest completion
- Added more accurate representations of Mage Arena damages during the mini game and in-game messages
- Corrected the wielded battle staff appearance
- The Gobin Guard will now authentically drop big bones instead of normal bones
- The Shantay chest message now will only appear for the one located in Al Kharid
- Fixed a bug with the bank pin interface
- Alched stacked items now multiply the gold result by counting the amount alched (instead of paying out only for a single item)
- Implemented talisman crafting so that talismans are no longer obtained as items dropped by NPCs
- The Ring of Wealth now toggles on tables flagged as containing rare items and should now work correctly
- The Ring of Life will now be disabled if a player is dueling another player
- Fixed an issue where a busy npc was not being returned from getNpc()
- Invariable drops are now using an iterator to avoid concurrency collisions
- Added more sanity checks to force check player's busy/combat status when interacting with various UIs
- Added additional checks in duel handler for items that may not exist
ORSC-5.2.0 Release ORSC-5.2.0Release ORSC-5.2.0
- Added missing NPC dialogs based on RSC+ replays
- Players can now fight the vampire with melee combat
- Ensured items were correctly removed from the inventory while runecrafting
- The goto command now prioritizes player names over towns
- Runecrafting will no longer attempt to use noted essence
- Fixed a server crash related to the onDeath function
- Solved various crashes related to drop tables
- Placed several missing dialogues from replays into the game
- The barmaid and bartender will now check if the player has a barcrawl card for the miniquest
- Anchovies now authentically heal 1 HP, shrimp 3 HP, manta ray and turtle heal 20 HP
- Made it so that ogres cannot be attacked using ranged weapons while inside the pen
- Ensured that players cannot mine rune essence if their inventory is full
- The online, onlinelist, and uniqueonline commands will now exclude logged in staff
- Added a custom drop table for the KBD within the NpcDrops class
- Altered the fishing cape to place turtle or manta rays into the player's bank at a 3% chance
- Server can now fully initialize itself for reboot within process space
- Removed extra spacing in Server logging
- Reformatted server startup messages
- Removed dead resource leak detection code in Server
- The max ID is now volatile for inventory items in the database
- Changed equipment changes to only require a single client update
- Abstracted several commands into individual functions and added documentation for each
- NPCs that are dead should no longer be found using the getNpc function
- Set the tutorial rat to be removed using the killedBy function instead of a plugin to avoid delays
- Set items to be fully removed from the inventory when equipping them to prevent duping
- Ensured items will now be properly removed on player death
- Set the right-click command to be sanity checked for npc radius
- AbstractShop will not allow use if the player not within 2 tiles
- Player::resetAll should now reset the AH flag
- Cleaned up Aubury's trade and teleport functions
- Updated the launcher to point to RunescapeClassic.dev for the custom features wiki
ORSC-5.1.0 Release ORSC-5.1.0Release ORSC-5.1.0
- Set undeadOne aggro radius to 3
- Ensured the server checks owner is not null before proceeding with dropping items
- Stuck fighting NPCs should no longer occur
- Added missing Runecrafting NPC, Sedridor
- Fog now toggles correctly
- Corrected the time till shutdown counter if the player logged in the middle of shutdown
- Fixed a couple quest plugin block functions that were always returning false, preventing quest progression
- Ensured following works correctly when executing a plugin
- Made sure that the player walks to the opponent prior to attempting a range event
- Fixed additional NPC combat glitches
- The game client will remember which server port it was launched with so logging back into the correct game if the player previously had both game clients open
- Android client now launches the keyboard automatically when creating a new player
- Ensured deposits occur in the bank before withdrawing when using bank presets
- Fixed NPC Scot Ruth which was not responding before
- Shops now correctly will multiply coins by quantity
- Right click on map has been disabled for Android players to prevent accidental map rotation
- NPCs will now teleport to their spawn locations correctly and not immediately after they are killed
- NPCs will now not attack until 5 ticks after a player logs in near them
- Fixed a bank pin interface bug where the player would be stuck busy if they did not put in the right bank pin
- Players are now forced to log out if they are past the idle time limit and still in combat
- Crafting opal rings will now complete successfully with the correct item ID
- Cannons will no longer kill enemies twice. If an enemy is dead, they are no longer a target
- Fixed an issue with the block function in the Crafting class that was causing a "Nothing interesting happens" message
- Fixed an issue with shattering items (like ring of forging)
- Corrected a bug related to item dropping after player deaths
- Ensured the Lost City spirit of the tree did not despawn on players while fighting
- Added additional fixes for Lost City quest to block attacks
- NPC drops in the random drop table have had a few changes
- Animated axes will no longer drop bones
- Ice queen will now always drop ice gloves
- Added drop items for the jailer and keys
- Fixed an issue with being able to bury Rashiliya's corpse bones
- Updated the Entrana allowed items on the island
- Corrected inventory removal for 3 bones to remove for Shilo Village
- Corrected inventory removal for 20 limpwurt roots to remove for Temple of Ikov
- Corrected inventory removal for 6 logs for Tree Gnome Village
- Corrected inventory removal for all items when making dyes
- Corrected inventory removal for all items when going gnome cooking
- Corrected inventory removal for all items when making drinks at Blurberry's bar
- Corrected inventory removal for additional quest non-stackable items
- Ensured the dragonstone amulet is added back to the wielded equipment tab when the charge runs out
- Added various missing dialogs based on RSC+ replays
- Yohnus no longer has to be in the vicinity to use the quick pay feature
- Ironman players have been set to not be able to get PK drops to bypass ironman restrictions
- Set the Otherworldly Being as not aggressive
- Added missing item drops for tribesman
- The chicken event now spawns chickens properly in Lumbridge
- Damage from Iban's chamber has been audited for authenticity
- Mage arena now does less damage using a similar formula to Iban's chamber
- Extended the radius of view for Iban while he is casting his explosions (player will need to leave region to stop the event)
- Players can now loot the wine of Zammorak
- Remove a piece of code not in the 233 client. It seems like it was mistakenly duplicated relating to player registration
- PC client now has a wiki lookup command. Type ::wiki and the browser will open with results
- Added batch bar to dragonstone amulet enchanting
- Made a custom configuration that allows high-frequency batched actions (Fletching arrows) send less packets and thus create less lag
- Added a developer droptest command for NPC item drops
- Added Balrog teddy bear item drop
- Optimized tiles and coordinate points
- Ensured carried items are removed from the inventory correctly
- Multiple drop table entries have been set up in the NpcDrops server class
- Solved an issue where certain server events would not stop when a player logged off
- Added checks for NPC over killing to check if a player is still online
- If the game tick is set to less than 640ms, such as on RSC Cabbage, NPCs will take longer before they attack a recently in combat player
- Connection reset network exceptions are now logged without stack traces
- Added a logger for tick processed at the end of a server tick for monitoring purposes
- Updated tick performance monitoring to check if the last tick went past it's allotted time
- Moved MonitoringEvent to the Server class
- Implemented the ability for the server to profile incoming packets by opcode ID
- Player inventory/bank/equipped items now saves every 30 seconds instead of instantly, reducing database call demands
- Removed the NPC drops database table
- Caught an exception in the Discord service
- World now stores tiles inside the RegionManager and only loads regions which are defined in the map file
- Fixed an inefficiency related to loading the landscape from file
- Updated regions to only load tile arrays when the region actually has tiles that vary to reduce server RAM usage
- The server will no longer instantiate the AvatarGenerator when the feature is turned off to reduce server RAM usage
- Server start time is now reported in milliseconds
- Converted NPCDefs and ItemDefs from SQL database tables to JSON files
- GameEventHandler now only appropriates threads based on the number of running servers in the process
- Scroll wheel zoom will no longer work while the bank is open
- Batch bars should no longer show if the total batch is less than 2
- NPCs will no longer get stuck after they talk to you while you try to enter a gate
- Admin command holidayevent now adds or removes items depending on last state
- Fixed an issue where talking to either Scavvo or Val would always show Val's shop
- Fixed right-click shop on Gardener NPC
- Herblaw: Unicorn horns now do not show the think bubble
- Herblaw: Charcoal and bat bones now show the pestle and mortar think bubble when they are ground. No evidence was found for dragon scales.
- Ensured the unholysymbol drop check is correct
- The player will now remain with whichever prayers they had enabled when they respawn in Lumbridge
- Entarna monks will now check for weapons based on ID instead of by name matching
- Players can now get more shafts from better logs if the configuration is enabled
- Players can now choose to have Yohnus take the 20 gp from their bank automatically (RSC Cabbage)
- NPCs are no longer transferred to coords 0,0 at death
- Killed NPCs will now be removed and respawned instead of just leaving them in the spot
- Changed to set the kill type prior to sending projectile event
- Made a party stat check fix and added checks for chasing and combat status
- Fixed a server null pointer error when stealing the Wine of Zamorak from monks
- Audited and cleaned up some melee combat code, adjusted code in and related to NpcBehaviour Shorten logger info by removing redundant information from print
- Implements new interaction system in order to automatically manage the Player and NPC busy flag.
- Game logic no longer directly queries the database. All queries are now done through an abstraction layer to make it possible to add new database drivers like SQLite for Single Player or networked for the Login Server.
- Magic and Ranged damage now follow a much more authentic curve.
- Item notes no longer have their own item ID. They are a flag attribute of the item itself.
- Removes BatchEvent and cleans up event class hierarchy.
- The game is now generally smoother when spam clicking actions.
- Fixes issue where players would experience double combat.
- Fixes issue where players would experience doubled interactions such as repeated dialogue from the Al Kharid gate guard when spam clicking.
- NPCs no longer roam around while in conversation with a player.
- Item stacks should now trickle into duel and trade interfaces authentically
- Scenery can now be used from all surrounding squares.
- Logout request will not be sent if saving fails.
- StatRestorationEvent: NPCs only regenerate melee combat stats.
- Fixes issue that would cause NPCs to be in the wrong position after death.
- Set Location no longer sets character direction.
- Walking now correctly faces walked direction.
- Remove player.message that just states 'NULL' when interacting with a Boundary
- Ensure Donny the lad gets his original name.
- Item Use on Ground Item fix typo in variable that caused noted ground items to have the ability to be acted upon.
- Set positions properly on combat start and respawn.
- Wizards always drop robes and hat.
- Fixed an issue where stacked ground items would have the same amount as their Y location value.
- Fixes a logic bug where the Chef wouldn't check to see if you had all the fish for the Family Crest quest. He would only check to see if you had one of the required fish.
- Changed the default zoom to 550 and the inside zoom to 350.
- Corrected total mob xp formula on kill per authentic findings
- Convert a large portion of the bare integers to GAME_TICK multiples.
- During PVP, ensure there is a wait period before a player may click 'attack' on another player and have their character move.
- Ensure items dropped on death are properly removed from the inventory.
- Ensure pathing around corners zigzags when a diagonal is blocked by a wall.
- Adjust some agility locations.
- Does not load clans unless config is true.
- Fixes batching issue while burying bones.
- The direction of all Mobs when combat ends is North. The npcsay, say, and thinkbubble (only when an npc exists in the interaction) call
face(). RangeEvent must call
face()to set the player in the NW facing ranged stance.
- Correctly calculate closest bound on Scenery.
- Fix Kharazi jungle to make it look close to authentic RSC Kharazi jungle
- Correctly flags PluginTask as back to running state before notifyAll.
- Fix of Citizens not properly present in West Ardougne, and their dialogue and some other minor behavior
- Adds dark mage new dialogue on quest completion, and able to repair iban staff after completion
- Fixed an issue with changeloc where it would kill an item, and then replace it after a delay with a new item.
- Fix spade use on flowers for pirates treasure and some Alias for NpcId that were missing
- Added Bolkoy General store in Tree Gnome Village, per authentic
- NPCs who have less than 5 strength now always do zero damage.
- Ranged and Magic combat formulae now align with melee and all known data.
- Fixes delay while eating items.
- Ensure check if mob already in combat before setting a mob to chasing.
- Placed some missing watchtower wizard quest dialogues
- Fix crash on authentic bank when clicking between items too quickly after depositing.
- Small fixes for ranged/distanced paths
- Iban blast now correctly does a maximum of 15 damage.
- NPCs who have strength less than 5 now always do zero damage. (There is no evidence to suggest these NPCs did damage in authentic. In fact, there are several hours of replays of chickens with strength 3 and not a single HP of damage.)
- Ensure mining tick rate is accurate and batch behaviour is not interrupted by combat as per authentic videos.
- Projectiles now clip through gate scenery properly.
- Implements correct delay on thieving npcs.
- Ensure we walk on top of the npc if we are beside them when attempting to talk.
- Ensure we can pick crops every tick.
- NPC and Player dialogue now pauses for an authentic amount of time between lines. 3 ticks, or 4 ticks if the text length is >= 65 characters.
- Correct death method for Vampire Slayer's vampire NPC.
- Fix tick rate on bone burying.
- Allow projectiles through special gates at shilo village.
- Tutorial rat gives 0 xp and no drops.
- Removed the an inauthentic tick between mining attempts.
- Changed around the way smelting cannonballs works to be more in line with the STOP_SKILLING_FATIGUED config.
- Batching bars now logically fill up the bar as you complete the batch, rather than drain down each iteration.
- Adds skill capes: Crafting, Fishing, Strength, Magic, and Smithing(Only available when configured for custom content)
- Implements craft-ability of three new custom leather items. (Only available when configured for custom content)
- Pickaxes are now wieldable. (Only available when configured for custom content)
- Can now 'wield' in the non-equipment custom bank.
- Quick Trade has been added. Right click an NPC to Trade and automatically open the Shop. (Only available when configured for custom content)
- Allows players to turn in their enchanted gauntlets (and a small payment) for the steel ones so they can have them enchanted again (if custom feature is enabled)
- Added a "Reset zoom" toggle to the client. Press the F3 button to activate. (Only available when configured for custom content.)
- Adds ::beastmode command to equip best in slot gear and complete required quests.(Only available when configured for custom content)
- Right clicking on map autorotates to north when custom sprites is enabled.
- Added a "Remove" option to the equipment screen.
- Adds packet rate limiting method, to be expanded upon as issues arise with packet flooding.
- Adds batching functions to content script API.
- Adds a unique identifier to each packet sent.
- Server now notifies when a config is missing and a default value is used.
- Cleans up locking mechanisms for Player packet queues.
- Clean up imports of Functions across the server base.
- Remove spurious calls of setBusy in plugins.
- Change all instances of the variable
pto the longform (player, packet, or point).
- Track and retrieve NPC positions through a HashMap to remove an expensive loop.
- Renamed BatchEvent.interrupt() to BatchEvent.interruptBatch() in order to not conflict with Java's Object.interrupt()
- Renames kills2 to npc_kills
- Refactored prayer drain formula into function
- Fully removes partially developed PK Bots.
- Removes superfluous checks of busy in Plugin content. Authentically this was checked by the packet handler or the game content API.
- Removes spurious ActionSender.sendinventory() calls.
ORSC-4.3.2 Release ORSC-4.3.2Release ORSC-4.3.2
- Solved an issue where an NPC could be immediately healed
- Fixed an issue where trying to note bunny ears/scythe would crash the client if WANT_CUSTOM_SPRITES was not set
- Players can no longer pick up or recover bunny ears or scythes if they already have a noted version in their inventory
- Corrected a bug where players could attempt to duel and become stuck unable to log out if they could not reach the other to begin dueling
- Wilderness ranging between players has been fixed
- Wilderness spells between players has been fixed
- Added a setting to optionally block global friend chat on Open RSC
- Changed the Open RSC global friend chat messages to include the word "[everyone]"
- Added a rubber chicken cap to RSC Cabbage for the Easter event
ORSC-4.3.1 Release ORSC-4.3.1Release ORSC-4.3.1
- The player's level is now shown in RSC Cabbage instead of "exp" when they level up
- Corrected the bone bury sound to the authentic "takeitem" instead of the drop item sound
- Fixed an issue where the "Nothing interesting happens" message would display twice when using an item on a NPC
- Fixed an issue where a player could get XP twice for the same log during fire making
- Corrected batched events from occurring at invalid distances
- Gnome restaurant recipes have been overhauled for authentic RSC accuracy
- Fixed the game client login screen so that moving between username and password fields would not accidentally try to login
- Pressing enter on the new user screen will now work as expected every time instead of sometimes returning an error
- The game client will now no longer incorrectly try to login after registering a new player
- Updated cosmic rune spawn in the wilderness to be an authentic 608 seconds instead of 610 seconds
- Fixed the client batch progress bar so that it only shows if batching is enabled on the server
- Corrected an issue that was preventing player bank presets from saving correctly
- Authentically changed the smelt text to a lowercase y in "you heat the steel bar"
- Set the player to authentically not forcefully always face an object when performing an action and instead remain in the direction they walked
- Solved an issue where the last viewed sleep captcha would sometimes appear on the looping banner on the login screen after log out
- Added missing Yanille climbing rocks
- Captain Siad from the Tourist Trap quest will now impede players from walking when attacked
- Removed expiration from auction house listings. All auctions will remain for ~500 years unless removed
- Added a NPC respawn multiplier to the server config files.
- RSC Cabbage NPCs now respawn 30% faster
- Changed the Ring of Wealth message to orange. It now shows up in the Quest chat history
- Made the reset button reset the XP a player has gained and the timer for the XP per hour within the XP tracker
- Moved game event execution to occur after status updates to ensure batch progression does not alter the sequence of frames shown to the game client