New Extractor Request for Microsoft Ads (Bing)
Problem to solve
Connect to Bing Ads to extract marketing data from there via the UI rather than through cumbersome CLI installation of https://github.com/singer-io/tap-bing-ads
- Marketers who aren't comfortable with CLI
- Data Analysts who have trouble getting the Bing Tap to work via CLI because of a lack of documentation and complex OAuth
- All other standard Meltano personas
Same use case and benefits as all other ads extractors. Since Bing's internal data structure is very similar to Google Ads also the use cases are nearly the same.
Add to the Extractor UI
Ideally also simplify getting MS OAuth through the Meltano UI just like it was done for Facebook. That OAuth helper tool was extremely helpful for Facebook and Microsoft's OAuth for Bing is even harder to accomplish than Facebook's in the first place so that would help a lot here...
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
Business Success: Being able to extract data from Bing Ads into a loader without having to manually do Oauth and/or any json configs.
- Bing Ads Extractor in Extractor UI list
- config Fields required for Bing tap ready to be filled in UI
- IF NEEDED (I don't know since I haven't gotten bing ads tap to work yet): Config screen for extraction options
- (OAuth Helper tool getting the right scopes and refresh token for Bing)
(Ensure the feature doesn't cause any regressions)
Write adequate test cases and submit test results
Test results should be reviewed by a person from the team