Restore and improve gradient editor dialog
I'd like to see gradient editor tool restored and improved upon.
It complements on-canvas gradient editing, while it doesn't suffer from gradient tool usability problems outlined in #64.
This is my proposal:
- Make "legacy" gradient editor dialog first-class citizen (no more "open legacy editor" in preferences)
- Replace combo box (gradient stops) with a list box to show all stops
- Show stop positions
|Gradient Editor: New||Old|
In addition to the above dialog, I'd also suggest enhancing list of gradients in "Fill and Stroke" dialog as follows:
- Add per-gradient buttons that reveal a popup menu
- Per-gradient buttons do not change gradient assignment!
- Add button to open gradient dialog (in addition to on-canvas edit button)
I think first part of this proposal should be fairly easy to implement. Part two is more involved given my lack of GTK knowledge.
Please let me know what you think about this idea.