Eraser tool draws instead of erasing
Steps to reproduce:
- open Inkscape
- Draw a rectangle with fill
- Use the eraser tool to erase part of the rectangle
The eraser draws a red line instead of erasing anything. These new shapes get saved to the file and, interestingly, sometimes they're erasable, but not repeatably.
List of behaviours that may occur (taken from a comment below:
- Sometimes the eraser tool erases the path behind, and sometimes it doesn't
- Sometimes it erases the path behind, but leaves its temporary path without deleting it
- Sometimes it doesn't erase the path and it leaves the temporary path
- Sometimes it creates multiple temporary paths + deletes or doesn't delete the path behind
- Sometimes it just works normally, deletes the path behind without leaving temporary paths
- If one does multiple quick erases at the same time, it freezes for a couple of seconds, and then does one of the things above
Also easily replicable by using the eraser tool on a raster image.
What should have happened?
The eraser tool should have erased anything underneath what was being drawn.
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: 1.0beta1 (e1bf8f58, 2019-11-28)
- Operating System: Windows
- Operating System version: 10
From launchpad issue 1425794, occurred as far back as 0.48