Inconsistent behavior of ⌘ key, ⌥ key shortcuts (Mac, 1.0a)
This appears to be a discrete, mac-specific issue, so I'm entering it as a separate issue and tagging it in #84 (closed).
Testing with yesterday's build
1.0alpha (7450f94, 2019-05-01), I notice the following:
Example 1: Issue with select all (general use case):
- If my document has elements both in a layer and in root, using ⌘-a will select all elements in the root or a given layer, the last one that I interacted with. This is correct behavior.
- Selecting "Select all in all layers" appears to select both elements in layers and root. Again, this is correct behavior.
- ⌘-⌥-a seems to give the same behavior as ⌘-a. It does not execute "select all in all layers." It is as though the option key is not being noticed.
- As of Inkscape 0.92, this was working correctly, though with the old Ctrl-⌥-a.
Example 2: Issue with repeat extension:
- Extensions > Previous Extension in the menu appears to work correctly.
- Its key shortcut, ⌥-q, does not appear to have any effect.
Example 3: Issue with Select All while editing text
- While editing a block of text, expected behavior (at least, behavior as of Inkscape 0.92) is that using ⌘-a should select all of the text in the block of text.
- Actual behavior is equivalent to selecting Edit > Select All from the menu, which selects all objects in the layer, rather than the entire block of text.