Inkscape doesn't find fonts installed via Microsoft Store in Windows 10
Steps to reproduce:
- In Windows 10, install a free font from Microsoft Store, such as Ink Journal
- open Inkscape 0.92.4
- Create some text with F8
- Look for Ink Journal in list of Font family
The font is not present.
What should have happened?
The font should be present, as it's available in other applications. SVG files created in other applications with that font display with the font in, say, Chrome.
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: Inkscape 0.92.4 (5da689c313, 2019-01-14)
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Operating System version: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362
I believe this is different than inbox#726 (closed) because it's not easy/possible to find the "downloaded" font. There's more information found in Reddit discussion here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/dfkaim/install_microsoft_store_font_for_all_users/