Boolean LPE incorrect with group (and transform)
The boolean live path effect does not work as expected with group operands, and the result is very wrong if the group has a transformation applied. (This issue was split off from #1149 (closed))
Steps to reproduce:
- New document
- Add three overlapping rectangles with different fill colors (for example: red,green,blue each with 50% opacity)
- Select two rectangles (example: red and green), group them
- Optional (to show a further problem): select all, then drag (move) all objects down by a significant amount, then select the red-and-green group again.
- Copy (Ctrl-C)
- select the blue rectangle
- add Boolean LPE (union) to it
- "Link to path on clipboard"
Only red and green rectangle are merged. If the "optional" step is taken, the operand path is taken from the wrong position because the transform is ignored.
What should have happened?
All rectangles are merged as if I would use ungroup all and then boolean union.
Or, at least, boolean LPE should refuse adding a group, similar to how the classical boolean ops work now.
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: 1.1-dev (1:0.92.0+devel+202004250041+1a7f71c0)
- Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04