Eraser tool creates splotchy path when dragging slowly
Migrated from: https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/486404
Steps to reproduce:
- open Inkscape
- create a shape
- activate Eraser tool and increase the eraser size to make the effect more visible
- drag the eraser slowly over the shape
During dragging, the eraser tip moves eratically, and after releasing, the outline is not very smooth.
What should have happened?
The removed path is smooth, independent of dragging speed.
Apparently, this is a regression in 0.47pre2.
- Inkscape 0.47pre1 (r21720): independent of drag speed the eraser path keeps a smooth outline.
- Inkscape 0.47pre2 (r22153): shows current behavior: increasing splotchy-ness of eraser path when slowing down the dragging mouse speed.
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: 1.1-dev (12e2a095, 2020-02-19)
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Operating System version: 10.0.18362
- replicated: Inkscape 0.47pre4 r22446, Inkscape 0.47pre2 (r22153)
- not replicated: Inkscape 0.47pre1 (r21720)