Improve the about dialog
This is a proposal for a visual enhancement of the About dialog.
Steps to reproduce:
- open Inkscape
- go to Help/About Inkscape
- see the About dialog
The shape of the "about" dialog makes the amazing artwork not stand out. The details can't be seen at all, and it cannot be made bigger. It also feels cramped, with lacking or uneven margins.
Below you can see a comparison of the about dialog between 0.92 and 1.0rc1. The one in 0.92 stands out much more, even though the rest of the window is much better in the 1.0rc1 version.
What should have happened?
- The 'splash" image could appear first, in bigger size, and the window should fit its proportions, either with no margins, or with a balanced one.
- One option is to leave the image only in the first page, and have the headerbar buttons turn into SPLASH/ART | ABOUT | CREDITS.
- Another option is to put the image first, the text below, and have the headerbar buttons be ABOUT | CREDITS.
- The rest is great as is, and it's a great improvement in 1.0rc1: no close button below, cleaner header, etc.
Inkscape Version and Operating System:
- Inkscape Version: 1.0rc1 (09960d6f05, 2020-04-09)
- Operating System: Manjaro
- Operating System version: Kyria 19.0.2