Prune legacy code
The worker refactor is now at the point where it can launch simulations and has replaced a lot of pre-existing code. This code is still being initialized even though it's no longer used.
Unused legacy code has been removed. Note that the aim of this MR is not to remove all unused code, but instead just enough code to be able to initialize and run the multi-region branch.
The changes include:
- Remove unused
SubTApplicationconfigs, dependencies and legacy methods.
- Remove the
- Remove EC2 simulation tests.
- Prune Kubernetes util functions.
- Prune S3 util functions.
- Remove the CountPods route, handler and Service method.
- Cleanup application initialization. Remove associated global variables.
- Adapt existing methods to use platforms component methods.