Add a new C++-based test suite
This is what I'm currently working on and what we discussed at the forum.
I realize that there's some skepticism about the choice of language. I hope to prove the skeptics wrong, but I'm not sure I will succeed. This purpose of this issue is to be able to discuss aspects of the new C++ test suite, not to debate the choice of language. If my effort turns out badly, we will just not merge it.
Based on initial experiments, I plan to include the following in my work:
- A new C++ API #2001
- Code coverage using gcov and lcov
- Unit tests based on Catch2
- Test run with CTest, although perhaps
ctestwill be run through
- SVG parsing using SVG++ which is based on Boost
- At a later stage, add support for fuzzing using libFuzzer
Feel free to comment on these choices.