Use NEWS date instead of build date
- The author has submitted the FSF Copyright Assignment and is listed in AUTHORS
- There is a test suite reasonably covering new functionality or modifications
- Function naming, parameters, return values, types, etc., are consistent with existing code
- This feature/change has adequate documentation added (if appropriate)
- No obvious mistakes / misspelling in the code
Use NEWS date instead of build date to make builds reproducible. See https://reproducible-builds.org/ for why this is good. This also avoids claiming copyright for future years.
Without this patch, building today's wget2 in 2030 would claim
Copyright 2015-2030 Free Software Foundation, Inc
Note: this date call works with GNU date and (some) BSD date - not Windows or Solaris date.