- CI improvements; there is a general perception that CI is too slow (~1h run). Few suggestions to optimize that situation were discussed; in the end it was decided to explore whether we run gitlab on gcc runners which are more powerful systems than gitlab shared runners.
- gnutls 3.5.x and our policy for next releases. Reaffirmed that we will only have only two running releases one marked as stable / one (optional) next.
- policy for closing bugs, i.e., whether we’ll have some automated way to close bugs open for too long; it was decided that none is needed. New ideas were proposed instead. Use the bot for:
- tagging issues which are open for long
- closing issues which are marked is needinfo
- closing merge requests which are WIP for very long
- should we use the CODEOWNERS feature of gitlab? Decision was not; the project is not that large.
- How to automate a release; decided for Tim to bring the wget script to gnutls and for Nikos to add two persons as backup contact points for the gnupg ftp site.
- translators: what can we do to automate and help translators work more efficiently? Unclear; decided to create a ticket for the problem.