OS X terminal vs iTerm2 (new behavior in Big Sur)
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.4.4beta2
- OS version: Big Sur (11.1 (20C69))com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Attach a screen capture video if it would make the reproduction steps clearer.
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR PLIST FILE FOR BUG REPORTS! Seriously! I'll probably ask you for it if you don’t.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Edit any text file
- Do not set mouse=a in vimrc
- In native OS X terminal, you can scroll up/down in the file (from line 1 to end and from end to line 1). Expected behavior.
- in iTerm2, with mouse=a not set, you can't scroll at all
What should have happened: