Slow Scrolling/Redraw in Neovim
Seeing some really bad scrolling performance in Neovim, inside tmux mode.
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.9
- OS version:10.13.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Attach a screen capture video if it would make the reproduction steps clearer.
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR PLIST FILE FOR BUG REPORTS! Seriously! I'll probably ask you for it if you don’t.
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open a reasonably sized file in neovim (~150 lines, 5kb)
- Scroll randomly in the file, using
What happened: Screen takes a long time to redraw text, sometimes redrawing a single line at a second, at a rate of maybe ~1 second per line
What should have happened: Buttery smooth scrolling
I realize this could be an issue with anything from iTerm2 to my personal vim setup, but the usual vim debugging steps haven't really helped much.